Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.rec.models.engineering
Anonymous. Anonymous. is offline

Default Clarke CL500M lathe / mil

"Nigel" wrote in message
I have recently brought a second hand Clarke CL500M lathe/mill. The mill
head has a milling chuck that takes collets and I'd like to be able fit a
standard drill chuck in it's place, but I can't remove the milling chuck.
I've tried all my biggest hammers to no avail, there seems to be a slot
that takes a tapered thingy that should eject the head, I have tried that
but I'm not sure my taper is the right size. I've also tried whacking the
threaded shaft that runs all the up, but I think I'll break something if I
continue with that. So I guess my question is... Is it just held in on
taper or is there something else that holds it in place, any advise would
be gratefully received.

All that banging will knock it out of true.

Is there perhaps a draw bar (from the other end) that is screwed up
so holding the Morse Taper in tight?