Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.rec.models.engineering
Nigel[_2_] Nigel[_2_] is offline

Default Clarke CL500M lathe / mil

Hi

I have recently brought a second hand Clarke CL500M lathe/mill. The mill
head has a milling chuck that takes collets and I'd like to be able fit a
standard drill chuck in it's place, but I can't remove the milling chuck.
I've tried all my biggest hammers to no avail, there seems to be a slot that
takes a tapered thingy that should eject the head, I have tried that but I'm
not sure my taper is the right size. I've also tried whacking the threaded
shaft that runs all the up, but I think I'll break something if I continue
with that. So I guess my question is... Is it just held in on taper or is
there something else that holds it in place, any advise would be gratefully
received.

Thanks
Nigel