Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil E. Stein Phil E. Stein is offline

Default B&Q Rip Off Gas Bottle

In message , raden
writes
In message , The Medway
Handyman writes
So, there we were half way through a BBQ, with loads of people waiting for
food, when the piggin gas cylinder ran out.

Local garage had no stock at all, so off to B&Q. Only place locally open at
that time in the evening.

They wouldn't exchange the 13kg Maxi Gas Butane cylinder. Had to put down a
£29:50 deposit on a poxy 5kg cylinder which cost £15!!

Last time I exchanged the 13kg cylinder at the garage (a year ago) cost me
£14.

I buy 15kg bottles at £12.50 (and I thought that was a rip off) from
the place round the corner from me

As for deposit, last time I asked for an extra bottle, they just
charged be for the refill, no deposit

I think the deposit was because the OP was buying a different size
cylinder.