Posted to sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,comp.dcom.lans.ethernet
Esther & Fester Bestertester Esther & Fester Bestertester is offline

Default How to clean up mains power?

Your claim is true, if and only if, you are talking about a double
conversion UPS. The normal line interactive backup UPS (the type you
were referring to) has no more surge protection in it than one of
those cheap power boards.

Hogwash, of course the UPS I am talking about is part of a power system.
Hence you are the one who is wrong. Using a power strip alone, will barely
protect equipment from line surges. Using a UPS will protect from line
surges as well as more importantly keep your equipment running during a line
outage. No power strip will provide power during a line outage.

It might just be me, but does it sound like these two are arguing the same
point...?

FBt