Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] mjmwallace@gmail.com is offline

Default Delta Jointer 37-220

I know there are folks out there who have one of these
machines.

I just got one (a minor gloat - for free). It's a bit rusted
but nothing that bad that hasn't cleaned up with some
Boshield, but the head is a bit more rusty than
what I can do without taking it off the machine.

I downloaded the manual and instruction guide
from the OldWoodworking Machine site and it
was helpful to understand the mechanics. However,
I be interested to know people's experience in
taking the cutting off and reseating it. It is an easy
or difficult job? What should I watch for?

Also, the out table has a hole in it and since
the fence sort of swings from a pivot point on the
in table, I thought there might be a hold down or
bolt that held the table steady. The manual and
parts diagram doesn't show that. Perhaps
there's some maintenance to be done on the
fence to prevent it from swinging? Or is
that just how it runs?

Thanks in advance.

MJ Wallace