Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Alan[_2_] Alan[_2_] is offline

Default RCM: The Morning After...

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 23:33:08 +0100, Mark Rand
wrote:

I'm insanely jealous. We're permitted 30 sq metres without planning permission
and up to 50% of the land area (not including the front of the house). My shed
is 30.0 sq metres! and it still dominates the garden:-

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...6662&encType=1

It's the white trapezium in the centre of the picture.

Didn't work - all I got was screen with what & where blocks

My place is at 32 04 13 16S, 115 59 15 77 E, on Google Earth - the
tree is gone, it was a lemon scented gum, 35 + metres high and
dropping branches on the house & shed roofs - dangerous - and the new
shed is going there. Tree removalist had to hire a 30 metre cherry
picker to cut it down, and extended, it was well below the top
branches
We are supposed to get planning permission for any structure - shed
supplier did all that as part of the contract. All but the roller
door was delivered today. I am allowed 70 sq m max, if I had an
extra 50 sq m of land, I could have had 85 sq m of shed. I was
originally going to buy 5 hectares ( 10+ acres ) but it fell through
as the vendor could not provide engineering certificates for all his
unauthorised earthworks and get council approval - then I
planned a 200 sq metre shed + the 40' seatainer for storage.

Alan