Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lurch Lurch is offline

Default CCTV camera

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 06:02:45 -0700, mattyh
mused:

I've got a new build house which is wired ready for a CCTV camera... i
have a spare RF lead in the loft ready to connect to the distribution
amp, and next to the front door I have a wire concealed behind a
blanking plate. When I removed the blanking plate and touched the
wire I got a bit of a shock from it, so I'm assuming both power and
signal are combined within the one RF lead (though it doesn't have a
connector on the end at the moment)

Does anyone know what kind of CCTV camera i'd need to buy that would
work here? Looking around it seems they all require seperate power
suppies!

I think that somewhere you are mistaken.

Any chance of finding someone who does know what you actually have? I
would be surprised if a cable had been put in, phantom powerd and
modulated ready for plugging striaght into a distribution system, but
no camera fitted. The camera would have been the cheapest part of the
job.

Are you sure you got a belt, and not just a static discharge? I'd
imagine the cable would be a bit of co-ax stuck in the wall from the
box to the loft, and that's it.
--
Regards,
Stuart.