Posted to sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,comp.dcom.lans.ethernet
Al Dykes Al Dykes is offline

Default How to clean up mains power?

In article ,
Ross Herbert wrote:
On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 21:33:33 -0400, "Dana" wrote:

"w_tom" wrote in message
groups.com...
On Aug 13, 10:08 pm, "Dana" wrote:
Keep on believing that crock. A UPS is way better than a power

strip.

If true,

It is true. You are sounding like you have no idea of what you are

talking
about.

I'm afraid it is you who does not know what you are talking about.

Your claim is true, if and only if, you are talking about a double
conversion UPS. The normal line interactive backup UPS (the type you
were referring to) has no more surge protection in it than one of
those cheap power boards.

Any device from a reputable brand that has iron/copper inductors, MOVs
and capacitors will absorb surges. The heavier, the better to absorb
surges.

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m