Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Young Don Young is offline

Default Threads question

"SteveB" wrote in message
I posted this to alt.photography, but someone here might be able to help
me, too.

I need a nut for a shutter release. The shutter release has a tapered
cone shaped threaded end. I think I can find a nut that fits "close
enough" to hold what has to hold, and I can put a drop of Loctite or
SuperGlue Gel on there. Where would I even look for a tapered nut?

It makes me curious, though, as to how they would tap a tapered hole, as
you go in, it would become harder until you reach the snap point.

Steve ....... may the sporge be with you..........

That is a common way to make a universal release which will sorta fit
various differing cameras. Most of the dedicated ones I have seen had
straight threads and I have never seen a camera with a tapered socket,
though they may exist.

Don Young