Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Bagwell William Bagwell is offline

Default Just curious....

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 22:04:31 -0700, Gunner Asch wrote:
snip
Agent has versions for Windows and Mac. Its quite easy to use and
setup, but doesnt have some of the geek features that the Linux/Unix
news readers do. Most of these features btw..you will NEVER use unless
you are a geek.

Anyways...Forte Agent IMHO..is one of the best Usenet news readers for
windows. It has the most common features in an easy to use program.
It does a fair job of providing "filters" but it doesnt do a lot of
the geek stuff the Linux/Unix newsreaders have. Shrug.
This is one of the rare occasions that having Geek Stuff may be nice.
However..I dont see the ongoing crap..because my internet providers
Usenet servers seems to be handling the crap all by itself, and Im not
seeing any of it.

(yes guys...this is an utter simplification and has serious
inaccuracies..but was written for an apparent newbie...shrug)

Only serious inaccuracy I see at a glance, is that Forte Agent does
*not* have a native Mac version. It can run under an emulator on Mac as
far as I know. Pretty sure it will run under Crossover Office on a
Mac...

Agent runs *very well* under Crossover on Linux though. And often will
run well under Wine which is totally free. (Crossover is $40)
--
William