Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Threads question

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:04:00 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

They even have one that is thirty feet long that is a squeeze air bulb. I
think I'll be getting one over the Internet, but am looking at camera stores
now, as I shop the Nikon D40x currently on promotion from Nikon.

I photograph hummingbirds, and the rufous is particularly shy, so a longer
shutter release will get me farther away from the subject.

Steve

How about a little solenoid? You could then use wire of arbitrary
length as your "cable". You might find suitable small solenoids at
the junkyard in auto trunk releases, door locks, etc. Wouldn't be at
all hard to make one if you have a lathe.

A few years ago I made a guy a radio shutter release for photographing
birds and animals from a distance, but he had a digital camera so the
interface was all electrical.