Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Threads question

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 00:12:17 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

I posted this to alt.photography, but someone here might be able to help me,
too.

I need a nut for a shutter release. The shutter release has a tapered cone
shaped threaded end. I think I can find a nut that fits "close enough" to
hold what has to hold, and I can put a drop of Loctite or SuperGlue Gel on
there. Where would I even look for a tapered nut?

I read somewhere that the thread is M3 x .50 on ISO cable releases,
Nikon may be different.

The only value I can see for having a taper there is quick
connect/disconnect, like bayonet on lenses. Since you mention
superglue, I'd think that a straight M3 x .50 nut jammed on would work
OK for a coupling not intended for disassembly.