Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe Jones Moe Jones is offline

Default BARD condensing unit

Michael wrote:
I thought today I would put the motor back to CCW where it belongs
and run a water hose over the compressor to see if it helps? good -
bad idea?
Heat exchanger is fine the pressure is where it supposed to be. ??

Do Not run water over your compressor while there is power to the
compressor. You can easily short out the compressor and if anyone is close
to the unit, they can be hurt.

If you have to run water over the compressor you have a major problem.

When you say heat exchange are you talking condensing unit?

Some of the older condensing units used R-12 or R-22, do you know which
refrigerant it is using?

It really sounds that your HVAC people are right in wanting to replace the
unit.

--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician