Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Maxwell Lol Maxwell Lol is offline

Default Just curious....

"Ivan Vegvary" writes:

Nobody answered your first question!!!! How does one write gibberish? I
would also like to know. They seem to be more than just random words from
the dictionary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chomskybot

Here's an example where we learn some sample text what to say. Let's say someone says two sentances:

I think that this is wrong
I think that you may be right

If you want to duplicate this randomly, you collect data so that
after every three words, you remember the fourth. That's something like this:

"I think that" - this
"think that this" - is
"that this is " - wrong
"I think that" - you
"think that you " - may
"that you may " - be
"you may be " - right

So the program starts generating random phrases, and after the words
"you may be" the next word would be "right."

But after "I think that", there is a 50/50 change that the next word
would be "this" or "you"

If you have enough data, you can have it randomly create words that
match the style of an individual.