Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Sprayer gasket making 101

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 23:01:26 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm,
GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET quickly quoth:

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 01:22:53 -0500, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

GeoLane at PTD dot NET writes:

I need a gasket that seals the pump to the tank on a 1 gal. garden
sprayer, as sold at Wal Mart. I recall the complete rebuild kit is
about $5 but I just need the one large gasket.

I just got a nice 2-gal sprayer from an eBay seller and the tip leaks
if it isn't tight. It can spray only a fine mist, nothing else. He's
sending another nozzle and o-ring today.

...snip.....

What other rubbery materials are easily obtainable to cut or form a
gasket? A sheet that I could cut with a pair of scissors or a razor
would work fine. Or a strip that I could form into a circle and super
glue into a ring would also work. What am I looking for guys?

How about a nice, large (1/4" diameter?) o-ring? Your local NAPA auto
parts store should be able to build one for you.

Alternatively, a piece cut from bias-ply tire sidewall material oughta
work nicely.

--
Every day above ground is a Good Day(tm).