Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Maxwell Lol Maxwell Lol is offline

Default Just curious....

Gunner Asch writes:

Sigh....Gerry...the internet is simply a pathway between multiple
fancy computers called Servers.

I'd say that there are clients and servers, and the Internet
is a way that allows ANY of these machines to connect to ANY
other machines.

Normally we have client-to-server connections (mail, news, web, etc.)

In peer-to-peer we have client to client. That's like bittorrent, eMule, etc.

There are server-to-server connections like mail transport systems,
but normal users don't deal with this.

It sounds scary - which is why people should have a dedicated firewall
box (not a piece of software on your computer) to protect you from the
nasties.