Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default BARD condensing unit

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 18:59:27 -0400, Michael wrote:

I have a Bard 48F001 (it's old) outside AC condensing unit.

When I replaced the fan motor I installed it so that air is drawn thru

the
coils and blows out the back toward the house.

When I did it that way, the ac didn't cool well.

So I called an outfit who came out and ultimately and changed motor
direction so the fan blew THROUGH the coils into the yard....and

everything
has been fine for 2 1/2 years.

Here's the question....

does anyone know WHICH WAY the blades should push air?

Has anyone EVER SEEN a condensing unit that blow air through the coils
rather than suck the air through?

THANKS.

Any I've seen/repaired sucked air from outside through the condenser.

Do you know that your statement can be understood as either direction?