Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Any Techs left here?

"Golf" wrote in message
ps.com...
I am close to closing my door to this group. Why? It seems that in the
last several months it has been infested with garbage (big tits, nike
shoes, etc.). Looking at things now, I have to assume there is no hope
in recovery, or something would have been done by now. Maybe nothing
can be done. Can't a filter be applied to anyone wanting to post
something here? A filter that looks for key words in the subject or
message that can reject non electronic repair stuff? This can't be
difficult or impossible. Maybe make it more difficult to subscribe -
24 hour waiting period to confirm user (email address and phone number
- yes be contacted). I wouldn't mind this if my motive was for the
right reason. Relpies welcome.

This is the usenet, you have to do the filtering on your end. I agree the
spam is irritating, but it's pretty easy to identify it at a glance and
ignore it, or set up a filter in your newsreader. I normally sort by name
and read the posts by people I recognize first, then scroll through the
other posts to see if anything catches my eye that I happen to be
knowledgeable about, the junk just gets ignored.