Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Any Techs left here?

"Golf" wrote in message
ps.com...
I am close to closing my door to this group. Why? It seems that in the
last several months it has been infested with garbage (big tits, nike
shoes, etc.). Looking at things now, I have to assume there is no hope
in recovery, or something would have been done by now. Maybe nothing
can be done. Can't a filter be applied to anyone wanting to post
something here? A filter that looks for key words in the subject or
message that can reject non electronic repair stuff? This can't be
difficult or impossible. Maybe make it more difficult to subscribe -
24 hour waiting period to confirm user (email address and phone number
- yes be contacted). I wouldn't mind this if my motive was for the
right reason. Relpies welcome.

All the same people are still here, ignoring all the spam, as you should.
It'll calm down again I expect, like it usually does ...

Legitimate requests for help are still being answered, as they always have
been, or are you somehow missing that ? This is not a moderated internet
forum. It is a Usenet newsgroup. No one has to 'subscribe' to it in that
way. This is just a word that your newsgroup reader client uses to indicate
that it is on your 'favorites' list of groups, with a direct shortcut. The
spam is produced by bots, not people, and there's not a lot that can be done
to circumvent it really.

Arfa