Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected][_2_] engineman1@aol.com[_2_] is offline

Default Wiring for welder

On Aug 11, 2:42?pm, "Jerry Foster"
wrote:
I am busily moving into my new shop and need to do some serious wiring
upgrades.

I've thought about, sometime in the future, adding an AC/DC stick welder
(probably the ubiquitous Lincoln 225A "tombstone") and would like to plan
for it.

Thanks.

Jerry

Some people swear by this machine and some at it.
I'm one of the latter.
I've used these lincolns where trhe multiple contact switch did not
make a good connection and had to be clicked back and forth several
times to get maximum output for that range.
My preference is the 225A Miller. The output is regulated by moving
the core in or out of the transformer.Not only does this give stepless
output control but provides a higher open circuit voltage for easier
weld starting.

Engineman