Posted to sci.electronics.repair
peter peter is offline

Default How to clean up mains power?

"SparkyGuy" wrote in message
obal.net...
We're having to reset our office network at least once a day. it locks up
and
only a power cycle will get things going again.

We've replaced the router and the DSL modem. No joy. Firmware is
up-to-date.
The neighboring office manager says that they are experiencing similar
issues. The building is old and will be bulldozed within a year (60's/70's
vintage wiring).

If I were you, I would first diagnose in more detail what "locks up" means.

It could mean ethernet packets are not getting from one computer to another
(pinging each others IP no response).
It may mean DNS stopped working.
It may mean your DSL modem is not working, but otherwise the LAN is working.

This is easy to do and would narrow down the device that is causing problem.