Posted to rec.woodworking
Leonard Shapiro Leonard Shapiro is offline

Default pin OaK?

thanks for the info

Len
"Rick" wrote in message
.. .
leonard wrote:
just had a pin oak fall in my mothers front yard is this wood any good
for woodworking?(worth have a mini mill make planks?)

thanks Len

Ten years ago I took down two huge pin oaks - maybe 30 to 32" at the base.
I had them milled, dried etc. . . . I wouldn't do it again. The wood is a
washed out, unattractive color, and full of knots. I ended up using some
of the material for shop grade stuff, but frankly, it was barely worth
that. IMO, Pin Oak is not a quality furniture grade wood.

Rick
http://www.thunderworksinc.com