Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default Wiring for welder

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 21:42:54 GMT, the renowned "Jerry Foster"
wrote:

I am busily moving into my new shop and need to do some serious wiring
upgrades.

I've thought about, sometime in the future, adding an AC/DC stick welder
(probably the ubiquitous Lincoln 225A "tombstone") and would like to plan
for it. The problem is that the data sheet on the Lincoln website only
tells you the power requirement is 220v, 60 Hz, single phase. Nary a word
about the current requirement.

Anybody own one who knows off hand what the supply current is?

Thanks.

Jerry

Is this the one?
http://content.lincolnelectric.com/p...ature/e230.pdf

You can see the input current rating down near the bottom of the first
page, for different models.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany