Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] joelblatt@aol.com is offline

Default Wiring for welder

My Lincoln 225 (AC only) runs happily on a 50A 220V breaker. I
believe the Lincoln comes with the correct recepatcle, but the spec
sheet says "with power cable and attached plug". The specs say max
draw of 50A at 220VAC, 60 Hz. Mine came with a NEMA 6-50P plug, so it
took a 6-50R recaptacle (looks like an oversize regular 3-prong power
plug). I'd check at Home Depot, the AC/DC lists at $390 and see if
they have one or maybe the AC only one and look at the plug. Joel in
Florida
=============
On Aug 11, 5:42 pm, "Jerry Foster"
wrote:
I am busily moving into my new shop and need to do some serious wiring
upgrades.

I've thought about, sometime in the future, adding an AC/DC stick welder
(probably the ubiquitous Lincoln 225A "tombstone") and would like to plan
for it. The problem is that the data sheet on the Lincoln website only
tells you the power requirement is 220v, 60 Hz, single phase. Nary a word
about the current requirement.

Anybody own one who knows off hand what the supply current is?

Thanks.

Jerry