Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Tools, tools, tools

"Brent" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 10, 11:28 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
Aha! I found the 1/4-scale-model Merlin pix. Go to the dropbox
(Metalworking.com), 2001_retired_files, and search on "Merlin."

It's an amazing piece of work, by Tom Kay. There is a text file that
explains the project.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed I dont know it you had heard before but i mentioned how i thought
there were few metalworkers in my town

if the Few do work like that, who needs many. But ironically that
gentleman lives in my town. I think my curiosity may get the better
of me and i might follow up on that project.

The last place i figured to find someone working on amazing projects
like that was here in Ottawa

Brent Philion
Ottawa Canada

If you reach Tom, please let us know how his project came out. I was writing
about aluminum castings at the time and I was impressed by the
sophistication of the castings he was using. Not to mention the machining,
of course.

--
Ed Huntress