Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheri Cheri is offline

Default What's better than Windex?

---MIKE--- wrote in message
I am a rather lazy house keeper and have not done my outside windows
for
many years. Today, in order to better view the hummingbirds, I tried
get the grime off of one of the windows. I tried SIX times with
Windex
and some of the grime remains. Is there anything stronger than
Windex?
*******

Many years ago I took this tip out of a magazine, and I've never used
anything else. It works wonderfully.

In a bucket, combine 1/4 cup liquid diswasher detergent and 1
tablespoon Jet-Dry brand dishwasher rinse agent for every gallon of
hot water. Apply to windows with a soft brush, or terry dishtowel, and
then hose off. The water sheets up and rolls off without streaking,
and with no wiping and no drying.

It really works, you'll be amazed. :-)

Cheri