John Hofstad-Parkhill

Default Cutting Aluminum With Chop Saw (?) Blades/Wheels??

He definately means blade, with teeth.

I regularly use a Freud carbide tipped 12" miter saw blade to sever AL. I
also use a cheap B&D carbide tipped blade to cut down AL plate on my table
saw.

"Dar Shelton" wrote in message

Ernie Leimkuhler wrote in message

In article , Dar Shelton
wrote:

Future (?)
I'll try water cooling the cut next time. I'm assuming it will be ok

to spray
water onto the cut in progress (?).
Am I correct it thinking that the warned-of danger in cutting aluminum

has
something to do with the blade
periodically throwing off accumulated Al ?. A couple of brass cuts

took off
the buildup .
Since the saw itself , and not the blade, came with the warning about

Al, I'm
also assuming that
there aren't blades that are actually recommended for Al ?.

Thanks,
Dar

There are abrasive saw blades made to cut non-ferrous metals.
They wear away faster than steel blades, but do not load up with
aluminum blobs.

I said ' blades' but I did mean the abrasive wheels normally used on chop

saws (as far as I know).
So when John Farr, and you, say 'blades' , you mean the same thing, or

variations thereof, as opposed to
a solid metal blade like in a radial arm saw, or a cold metal saw?.

Dar