Posted to alt.home.repair
Kitep Kitep is offline

Default How to kill poison ivy

Do you care if the surrounding plants are killed off too? Roundup tends to
kill everything, while others can be more selective.

I would try Ortho Brush-B-Gone Poison Ivy Remover. Here's a pictu
http://www.hardwarestore.com/pop-pri...px?prodNo=3098 and the
ad it comes from:
http://lawn-and-garden.hardwarestore...er-274241.aspx
I think I saw it at Home Depot, but I think any store that carries Scott
lawn products will carry it. I should mention I've never tried it, so I
don't know if it actually works.

Whatever you use, you may have to apply 2 or 3 applications to get it
completely gone. If the vine is really thick, you'll probably have to cut
it manually. Good luck with getting rid of it.

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
If I thought diesel fuel or gasoline would work, I'd try it.
That's how desparate I am. Someone in another thread suggested
using Borax as a herbicide. Any comments will be appreciated.

Dick