Posted to alt.home.repair

Default why doesn't central air conditioning use the condensate to cool the condensor?

Yes, I'm quite familiar with slinger rings. Been working on that
kind of equipment for 15 years or so. When I had my living room
AC apart earlier this year, I ran the evaporator drain out the
bottom pan, and drain it through PVC onto the lawn.

Why? Well, the couple reasons I mentioned in an earlier post.

I shoulda ran the drain out the bottom of the pan many years ago.
Where I am, summers tend to be humid.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Zephyr" wrote in message
: Stormy:
:
: Most window air conditioners use a "slinger ring" to fling the
water onto
: the condenser coil. This increases efficiency. The saturated
condenser
: temperature then will operate at the dew point temperature.
Lower than the
: dry bulb ambient.
:
: