Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default HDTV

On Aug 8, 10:16 pm, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:
Don't know about yours but it takes two sized men to pick up ours.
That sucker has a slab of glass on it!

The problem might be weight and liability. I'd go and buy the one they sell.
It is rated. Find a stud or make a strong wall point.

Ours is on a heavy table. It is plasma. I plasma cut - :-)

We bought it before LCD's were 1080 and real High def. We run three HD
able TV's - two are full HD - one internal - one external. The third does
nice work on 1080 since it has a high resolution screen already and had
internal circuits for early HD. (lucky on that one) - it is in my office.

Martin
Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.http://lufkinced.com/

wrote:
SWMBO said " flat screen TV " so I jumped. Settled on a Vizio 42 inch
1080P. $1039 at Sears plus tax.

They don't stock them in the store, so don't have the tv home. But am
planning on making my own wall mount. Should be simple enough. Plate
screws to TV. Another screws to wall. And the one hangs on the
other. I took a quick measurement of the distance between the
mounting holes on the TV. Must be metric because they did not come
out nice round numbers on my tape measure.

But before I start cutting metal, has anyone else done this? Any
tips, good ideas, things to avoid?
Yeppers, this is on topic.

Dan

----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----- Hide quoted text -

If you live in earthquake country, plan accordingly....that is alot of
weight hanging out there.

TMT