Posted to alt.home.repair

Default why doesn't central air conditioning use the condensate to cool the condensor?

Window AC are designed to spray the water on the condensor coils.
What usually happens is that the tray is full of water all the
time, and grows mold and slime. Since the condensor is wet, every
particle of dust for miles around sticks to it. And since it's
humid out (at least in NY State where I am), there is little
evaporation, so there is little advantage to the cooling.

It's an interesting idea, but I don't see water on the condensor
being very useful.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"z" wrote in message
oups.com...
: I think my central A/C spends 99% of its energy dehumidifying
the
: house. The water just goes to water the shrub planted next to
the
: compressor outside. Why couldn't it at least be sprayed on the
: condensor coils?
: