Old Nick

Default How to make a lot level

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:40:16 GMT, Rob Munach
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Gee! When I had my settlement investigated, the lawyer only read the
first _page_ for $100! ..........oh.....sorry. G

A question if I may. How good are these things in sunlight over
distance? Are there staffs that have sensors, or is this not needed?
As usual we are way behind you guys in pricing, so until very recently
these have been way out of range. They are starting to get there, and
I am certainly looking at one, but I am worried that economics and
laws about lazers may cause weak visual behaviour.

Thanks

Interesting how a question about leveling a lot turns into a debate
about the merits of a water lever! - damn Engineers! I recently bought a
Porter Cable self-leveling laser for $100. It is great for projects like
this. I use it mostly, however, when investigating settlement and sags
in houses. Best $100 I ever spent. I may go for one that continuously
spins next time.

Rob Munach, PE

I went on a guided tour not long ago.The guide got
us lost. He was a non-compass mentor.........sorry
.........no I'm not.