Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking
Rod & Betty Jo Rod & Betty Jo is offline

Default OT - What Do Home Depot and Chrysler Have In Common?

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Try looking at this comparsion between HD and Lowes....

http://www.usatoday.com/money/indust...nardelli_x.htm

It doesn't look like they were doing that good.

And let us not forget that we have just finished the biggest building
boom in decades....which would make even a poorly run company look
good...for awhile.

TMT

You still have not presented anything other than his well known low stock
price appreciation.....Doubling sales and a more than doubling of profits
and a healthy profit retail profit percentage is not by any rational
definition a poorly run company......I would suggest that the stock price
had flown so high prior to his arrival that the market had eventually wised
up and let the price catch up a bit with reality. One may note that
Microsoft's stock price has languished as well for quite a few years and yet
they have extreme profits, growth and market share.

Whether you like, hate or detest HD or whether you think Nardelli is a over
paid boob is obviously your prerogative or choice but it doesn't impact his
actual job performance facts...... Rod