Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - What Do Home Depot and Chrysler Have In Common?

Just amazing.....

TMT

Ex-Home Depot boss to lead New Chrysler By DEE-ANN DURBIN, AP Auto
Writer

Chrysler began its new life as a private company on Monday with an
auto-industry outsider taking the wheel.

Bob Nardelli, who left Home Depot in January after a shareholder
rebellion over his outsized pay, was named to head the company,
replacing Tom LaSorda, who is taking the No. 2 slot.

Nardelli and LaSorda shared a handshake and posed for pictures during
a celebratory event at Chrysler's headquarters in Auburn Hills.

"We'll move forward with speed and a renewed focus on meeting the
needs of our customers," Nardelli said.

Some wondered what effect Nardelli's hiring would have on ongoing
contract talks with the United Auto Workers, but Nardelli was quick to
point out Monday that union President Ron Gettelfinger already has
been contacted about the executive shake-up at Chrysler in a two-hour
meeting.

LaSorda, Chrysler LLC's newly named president and vice chairman, still
will be at the forefront of "what could be a landmark negotiating
period" not only for Chrysler, but for the auto industry, Nardelli
said.

Like other U.S. auto companies, Chrysler has been struggling to make a
profit while sales were falling and pension and retiree health costs
were rising.

Chrysler made $1.8 billion in 2005 but lost $618 million in 2006 and
$1.98 billion before interest and taxes in the first quarter of this
year. DaimlerChrysler didn't report second-quarter earnings for
Chrysler because of the impending sale.

Chrysler also said Monday that following a nine-year hiatus, the
Pentastar is coming back as the corporate mark for the company. First
used as a logo in 1962, the five-pointed star is returning with a
three-dimensional update. The symbol will be used on buildings,
signage and corporate stationery.

Former Chrysler executive Wolfgang Bernhard, a senior adviser to
Cerberus, had been widely expected to be named chairman. He was
offered a position with the company but elected not to accept it.

On Friday, DaimlerChrysler AG transferred an 80.1 percent stake in
Chrysler to New York-based Cerberus Capital Management LP, one of the
world's largest private equity companies, in a $7.4 billion deal. The
German automaker, which is to be renamed Daimler AG, retained a 19.9
percent interest in Chrysler.

Cerberus Chairman John Snow previously had said Cerberus planned to
keep Chrysler's management team in place and give it the freedom to
implement its restructuring plan, which currently calls for shedding
13,000 hourly and salaried jobs in the U.S. and Canada by 2009.

Nardelli helped increase revenue and profits at Home Depot and boost
the number of stores the company operates. But he resigned from the
company after it came under intense criticism for his hefty pay and
slumping stock price. Nardelli left Home Depot with a golden parachute
worth $210 million.

Nardelli said Monday that his compensation at Chrysler would be based
on the company's performance.

Besides Nardelli and LaSorda, the 11-member Chrysler board now
includes representatives from Cerberus and DaimlerChrysler, as well as
independent directors.

Chrysler's chief operating officer, Eric Ridenour, decided to leave
the automaker after 23 years, Chrysler said.

___

Associated Press Writer David N. Goodman in Detroit contributed to
this report.

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just amazing.....

TMT

Ex-Home Depot boss to lead New Chrysler By DEE-ANN DURBIN, AP Auto
Writer

So now we can expect a maximum of one service tech per 50,000sq.ft. of
service bay (and he'll be "at lunch"), and that all metal parts will be made
in China. (one should inspect the back-side of each piece to make sure they
washed off all the Coke Can imprinting).

LLoyd

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 6, 11:58 am, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
wrote:
"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

oups.com...

Just amazing.....

TMT

Ex-Home Depot boss to lead New Chrysler By DEE-ANN DURBIN, AP Auto
Writer

So now we can expect a maximum of one service tech per 50,000sq.ft. of
service bay (and he'll be "at lunch"), and that all metal parts will be made
in China. (one should inspect the back-side of each piece to make sure they
washed off all the Coke Can imprinting).

LLoyd

LOL...unfortunately I suspect that you may right.

In the next year I was going to buy a Chrysler mini van....I will not
be now. I expect support for their products to drop to dismal levels
as they extract value from the company.

TMT

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" writes:

So now we can expect a maximum of one service tech per 50,000sq.ft. of
service bay (and he'll be "at lunch"), and that all metal parts will be made

Service is done by licensed franchisees, not Chrysler themselves.

Chrysler could crack down on warranty reimbursement I suppose.

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Brian Elfert" wrote in message
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" writes:

So now we can expect a maximum of one service tech per 50,000sq.ft. of
service bay (and he'll be "at lunch"), and that all metal parts will be
made

Service is done by licensed franchisees, not Chrysler themselves.

Chrysler could crack down on warranty reimbursement I suppose.

(Cut to sound of jet plane zooming over his head...... G)

LLoyd

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 6, 12:49 pm, Brian Elfert wrote:
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" writes:

So now we can expect a maximum of one service tech per 50,000sq.ft. of
service bay (and he'll be "at lunch"), and that all metal parts will be made

Service is done by licensed franchisees, not Chrysler themselves.

Chrysler could crack down on warranty reimbursement I suppose.

Typicial approach is to starve the dealers and franchisees....to raise
Chrysler's share of the take and of course the CEO's bonus.

Google the sad story of Home Depot's decline under this guy....he was
forced out for driving Home Depot, its staff and its suppliers into
the ground....meanwhile he was raping the company for his own benefit.

They did not hire this guy to raise the public's confidence in
Chrysler...I suspect he will gut the company.

Until I am proven wrong, I will be buying vehicles from companies from
other than Chrysler.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Until I am proven wrong, I will be buying vehicles from companies from
other than Chrysler.

Do you ever post any metalworking threads?

Wes
Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

I spoke to some big-whigs at HD who implied fukn Nardelli left HD in
shambles.
Which you woulda never suspected after Charlie Rose's incredible hour-long
blow job of Nardelli, who basically claimed to be the savior of Merkin
culture.

I know Charlie's jaws ached for a week.
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

all d'numbuhs

[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just amazing.....

TMT

Ex-Home Depot boss to lead New Chrysler By DEE-ANN DURBIN, AP Auto
Writer
On Friday, DaimlerChrysler AG transferred an 80.1 percent stake in
Chrysler to New York-based Cerberus Capital Management LP, one of the
world's largest private equity companies, in a $7.4 billion deal. The
German automaker, which is to be renamed Daimler AG, retained a 19.9
percent interest in Chrysler.

Cerberus Chairman John Snow previously had said Cerberus planned to
keep Chrysler's management team in place and give it the freedom to
implement its restructuring plan, which currently calls for shedding
13,000 hourly and salaried jobs in the U.S. and Canada by 2009.

There goes Mopar- John Snow is notorious for the mess he made of CSX during
and after the Conrail merger.
Snow has a talent for getting out just before the roof caves in.

-Carl

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 09:20:17 -0700, Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

[snip]

Chrysler also said Monday that following a nine-year hiatus, the
Pentastar is coming back as the corporate mark for the company. First
used as a logo in 1962, the five-pointed star is returning with a
three-dimensional update. The symbol will be used on buildings,
signage and corporate stationery.

I wonder how earnings might be improved if we left all the building
sings alone? Stationery should be printed on local lasers JIT to
further help.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 6, 2:06 pm, Wes wrote:
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Until I am proven wrong, I will be buying vehicles from companies from
other than Chrysler.

Do you ever post any metalworking threads?

Wes

Aren't cars and trucks made of metal? :)

TMT

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 6, 4:53 pm, LRod wrote:
On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 09:20:17 -0700, Too_Many_Tools

wrote:

[snip]

Chrysler also said Monday that following a nine-year hiatus, the
Pentastar is coming back as the corporate mark for the company. First
used as a logo in 1962, the five-pointed star is returning with a
three-dimensional update. The symbol will be used on buildings,
signage and corporate stationery.

I wonder how earnings might be improved if we left all the building
sings alone? Stationery should be printed on local lasers JIT to
further help.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.

Yeah...I laughed about that too....change the signs and all is
forgiven.

Maybe they should try offering better better quality, lower prices and
better mileage....and pay the CEO a $1 a year.

It would make me a customer again.

TMT

Now

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 6, 4:52 pm, "Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote:
[...]

this report.- Hide quoted text -

I wonder how long it will take before the US Government will have to
pick up the Chrysler pension obiligation?

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 6, 2:06 pm, Wes wrote:
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Until I am proven wrong, I will be buying vehicles from companies from
other than Chrysler.

Do you ever post any metalworking threads?

Wes

Hey Wes....strange how you haven't been complaining about all the
right wing spam that has been getting posted here lately but still
find the time to single this post out?

Isn't that discrimination?

TMT

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

======================

Well, if they do, they'll at least know where it went--right into fuknBob
Nardelli's off-shore bank accounts.
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

all d'numbuhs

TMT

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
I spoke to some big-whigs at HD who implied fukn Nardelli left HD in
shambles.

The financial press pretty much made that clear.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

On Aug 6, 2:06 pm, Wes wrote:
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Until I am proven wrong, I will be buying vehicles from companies from
other than Chrysler.

Do you ever post any metalworking threads?

Wes

Aren't cars and trucks made of metal? :)

They were, years ago. Now its done with a lot of flimsy plastic
garbage and very litle metal.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Hey Wes....strange how you haven't been complaining about all the
right wing spam that has been getting posted here lately but still
find the time to single this post out?

Isn't that discrimination?

What right wing spam?

I am into discernment, the non-racial version of discrimination.

http://dictionary.reference.com/sear...&q=discernment

So what metal working projects are you currently working on? If nothing is
going on currently, tell us about past ones that you are proud of or learned
from.

Wes

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

Well,
We could start with one major differnece...
Auto workers are union, Home Depot is very anti union....
and they get pretty well screwed allot of the time too.
--
Kate
______

"Never let a stranger in your cab, your house, your life - unless he is a
frind of labor"

Jimmy Hoffa

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote

*some sniping for clarity*

Typicial approach is to starve the dealers and franchisees....to raise
Chrysler's share of the take and of course the CEO's bonus.

*I heard on the news last night that they are not going to pay him unless he
does the job right.

Google the sad story of Home Depot's decline under this guy....he was
forced out for driving Home Depot, its staff and its suppliers into
the ground....meanwhile he was raping the company for his own benefit.

*You don't have to google it, you can just SEE it every time you walk into
one of their stores. The decline is evident.

They did not hire this guy to raise the public's confidence in
Chrysler...I suspect he will gut the company.

* I agree completely.

Until I am proven wrong, I will be buying vehicles from companies from
other than Chrysler.

*Ain't NObody takin MY Jeep! Of course, I'm not in the market for a NEW one
for quite awhile....

Kate
______
/l ,[____],
l-L -OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)--)_)

"Never let a stranger in your cab, your house, your life - unless he is a
frind of labor"

Jimmy Hoffa
-----------

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

Kate wrote:

*Ain't NObody takin MY Jeep! Of course, I'm not in the market for a NEW one
for quite awhile....

Neither am I.

The new ones are just SUV's... 8^(

What's next, keyless entry?
Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
Kate wrote:
*Ain't NObody takin MY Jeep! Of course, I'm not in the market for a NEW
one for quite awhile....

Neither am I.

The new ones are just SUV's... 8^(

What's next, keyless entry?

Mine _always_ had keyless entry... Just reach through one of the many holes
in the rag, and open'er'up.

LLoyd

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
Kate wrote:

*Ain't NObody takin MY Jeep! Of course, I'm not in the market for a NEW
one
for quite awhile....

Neither am I.

The new ones are just SUV's... 8^(

What's next, keyless entry?

*I hate to say this, but I wish it DID have keyless entry and power windows.
I damn near ran off the road once while rolling down the passenger window,
nearly spilled my latte and smeared mascara all over my face. Not to
mention, when I corrected I dropped my cell phone on the passenger floor and
had to reach for it!

(kidding, just kidding)

--
Kate
______

"Never let a stranger in your cab, your house, your life - unless he is a
frind of labor"

Jimmy Hoffa
-----------

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote in message

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
Kate wrote:
*Ain't NObody takin MY Jeep! Of course, I'm not in the market for a NEW
one for quite awhile....

Neither am I.

The new ones are just SUV's... 8^(

What's next, keyless entry?

Mine _always_ had keyless entry... Just reach through one of the many holes
in the rag, and open'er'up.

LLoyd

LOL... or just unzip it.
K.

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

Kate wrote:
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote in message

Mine _always_ had keyless entry... Just reach through one of the many holes
in the rag, and open'er'up.

LLoyd

LOL... or just unzip it.
K.

That's the kind of stuff that made "There's only one Jeep" true.
Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Kate" wrote in message

*I hate to say this, but I wish it DID have keyless entry and power
windows.
I damn near ran off the road once while rolling down the passenger window,
nearly spilled my latte and smeared mascara all over my face. Not to
mention, when I corrected I dropped my cell phone on the passenger floor
and
had to reach for it!

Shoulda just told the kid to jump down there and get it. Oh - you're one of
those moms who won't tell their kids anything, huh?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

Kate wrote:

Neither am I.

The new ones are just SUV's... 8^(

What's next, keyless entry?

*I hate to say this, but I wish it DID have keyless entry and power windows.
I damn near ran off the road once while rolling down the passenger window,
nearly spilled my latte and smeared mascara all over my face. Not to
mention, when I corrected I dropped my cell phone on the passenger floor and
had to reach for it!

I use my cane to roll the passenger side window up or down in my '87
Ranger, just not while I'm driving.

..
prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 7, 11:04 am, "Kate" wrote:
"Too_Many_Tools" wrote

*some sniping for clarity*

[...]

When a public company wants to hide problems, it is easy.

When a private company wants to hide problems, it is standard
operating procedure.

One of the reasons one never trusts a private company when you invest.

My guess the story will be everything is great and he will be
overcompensated as usual until one day...BOOM...the company files for
bankruptcy.

TMT

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

B A R R Y wrote:
Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
I spoke to some big-whigs at HD who implied fukn Nardelli left HD in
shambles.

The financial press pretty much made that clear.

Actually the stock price languished but gross sales and profits rose quite
substantially, the actually fiscal health of the company improved during his
tenure....does one properly fiscally judge a company by actual operations or
investor exuberance (subject to change on a whim)?

As a consumer one might rightfully complain about service, employees or
even his salary but consumers kept buying and HD made more money under his
leadership. Rod

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 7, 6:06 pm, "Rod & Betty Jo" wrote:
B A R R Y wrote:

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
I spoke to some big-whigs at HD who implied fukn Nardelli left HD in
shambles.

The financial press pretty much made that clear.

Actually the stock price languished but gross sales and profits rose quite
substantially, the actually fiscal health of the company improved during his
tenure....does one properly fiscally judge a company by actual operations or
investor exuberance (subject to change on a whim)?

As a consumer one might rightfully complain about service, employees or
even his salary but consumers kept buying and HD made more money under his
leadership. Rod

Well you may have a point....

http://www.usatoday.com/money/indust...nardelli_x.htm

But as a consumer service, quality and price is everything...and after
shopping for many years at Home Depot I am now a strong Lowes
customer....waste my time and I am gone....

TMT

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

B A R R Y wrote:

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
I spoke to some big-whigs at HD who implied fukn Nardelli left HD in
shambles.

The financial press pretty much made that clear.

Actually the stock price languished but gross sales and profits rose quite
substantially, the actually fiscal health of the company improved during his
tenure....does one properly fiscally judge a company by actual operations or
investor exuberance (subject to change on a whim)?

As a consumer one might rightfully complain about service, employees or
even his salary but consumers kept buying and HD made more money under his
leadership. Rod

Another opinion....

http://www.businessweek.com/innovate...s_from_ho.html

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

B A R R Y wrote:

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
I spoke to some big-whigs at HD who implied fukn Nardelli left HD in
shambles.

The financial press pretty much made that clear.

Actually the stock price languished but gross sales and profits rose quite
substantially, the actually fiscal health of the company improved during his
tenure....does one properly fiscally judge a company by actual operations or
investor exuberance (subject to change on a whim)?

As a consumer one might rightfully complain about service, employees or
even his salary but consumers kept buying and HD made more money under his
leadership. Rod

And yet another...

http://www.businessweek.com/innovate...ng_robert.html

"Picking Robert Nardelli to Save Chrysler Is The Most Bone-Headed Idea
Of 2007."

I don't know if it is the MOST bone-headed idea....I think Bush has
the corner on that prize.

TMT

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 16:06:07 -0700, "Rod & Betty Jo"
wrote:

As a consumer one might rightfully complain about service, employees or
even his salary but consumers kept buying and HD made more money under his
leadership. Rod

That's not what I read on cbs.marke****ch.com and in the "Wall Street
Journal":

http://www.marke****ch.com/news/story/nardelli-poised-tackle-lengthy-chrysler/story.aspx?guid=%7BF16A2E7F%2D99F9%2D4D0C%2D9B5D%2 D3470323FB5D4%7D

It was essentially the stockholders (remember them, the OWNERS?) who
fired him. If the company was so profitable, I doubt the shareholders
would have driven him out. Shareholders usually LOVE mavericks who
return results. The only results Nardelli returned were to his own
net worth.

Got any news that proves otherwise?

How about this?
http://www.marke****ch.com/news/story/evidence-bad-management-plain-sight/story.aspx?guid=%7BECCA73E0%2D6623%2D47CA%2D89B6%2 DC3DE7CA509E0%7D

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **
Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

B A R R Y wrote:
That's not what I read on cbs.marke****ch.com and in the "Wall Street
Journal":

Your confusing share price with actual company performance

http://www.marke****ch.com/news/story/nardelli-poised-tackle-lengthy-chrysler/story.aspx?guid=%7BF16A2E7F%2D99F9%2D4D0C%2D9B5D%2 D3470323FB5D4%7D

It was essentially the stockholders (remember them, the OWNERS?) who
fired him. If the company was so profitable, I doubt the shareholders
would have driven him out. Shareholders usually LOVE mavericks who
return results. The only results Nardelli returned were to his own
net worth.

Got any news that proves otherwise?

How about this?
http://www.marke****ch.com/news/story/evidence-bad-management-plain-sight/story.aspx?guid=%7BECCA73E0%2D6623%2D47CA%2D89B6%2 DC3DE7CA509E0%7D

Duh! Your link says
"Now, is Home Depot done for? I don't think so. It has a good brand and
market position, though a bit tarnished lately. It certainly seems a value
at 12 times earnings, low double-digit sales growth and a relatively solid
(for retail) 7% net profit margin"

With a little research you will find sales increased around 100% and profits
around 106% under his watch...as in more than doubled in 6 years.

Many investors or stockholders care more about current share price than
company fundamentals.....remember the dot.com boom and resultant bust? Many
"wise" investors plunked billions into flaky not ever profitable soon to not
exist companies.

While in principle I deplore "excessive" corporate salaries I don't fault
the guy for getting what he can but rather the "investors" for signing the
contract...they offered, he accepted.....is he really supposed to refuse
after the fact? Rod

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 7, 8:08 pm, "Rod & Betty Jo" wrote:
B A R R Y wrote:

[...]

Try looking at this comparsion between HD and Lowes....

http://www.usatoday.com/money/indust...nardelli_x.htm

It doesn't look like they were doing that good.

And let us not forget that we have just finished the biggest building
boom in decades....which would make even a poorly run company look
good...for awhile.

TMT

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

B A R R Y wrote:

Kate wrote:
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote in message

Mine _always_ had keyless entry... Just reach through one of the many
holes in the rag, and open'er'up.

LLoyd

LOL... or just unzip it.
K.

That's the kind of stuff that made "There's only one Jeep" true.

So what you are saying is that everybody borrows it when they need it?
;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Kate" writes:

*I hate to say this, but I wish it DID have keyless entry and power windows.
I damn near ran off the road once while rolling down the passenger window,
nearly spilled my latte and smeared mascara all over my face. Not to
mention, when I corrected I dropped my cell phone on the passenger floor and
had to reach for it!

Please, please, please: there's a standard convention for separating
out your new text from the text you're quoting. It's been worked out
over literally decades, and it works. It may not work as well your
new way of doing it, but it works. Suddenly seeing a post that uses a
brand-new (and, to an old-timer, completely counterintuitive) way of
quoting makes your posts really hard to read. I thank for not
top-posting, of course, but... please.

(I'd have emailed this, but you're using an invalid email address in
order to avoid spam)
Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

Rod & Betty Jo wrote:

With a little research you will find sales increased around 100% and profits
around 106% under his watch...as in more than doubled in 6 years.

I posted the wrong link.

The one I MEANT to post, which is the one you should have read G,
compared the results to Lowes and HD was significantly behind.

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Try looking at this comparsion between HD and Lowes....

http://www.usatoday.com/money/indust...nardelli_x.htm

It doesn't look like they were doing that good.

And let us not forget that we have just finished the biggest building
boom in decades....which would make even a poorly run company look
good...for awhile.

TMT

You still have not presented anything other than his well known low stock
price appreciation.....Doubling sales and a more than doubling of profits
and a healthy profit retail profit percentage is not by any rational
definition a poorly run company......I would suggest that the stock price
had flown so high prior to his arrival that the market had eventually wised
up and let the price catch up a bit with reality. One may note that
Microsoft's stock price has languished as well for quite a few years and yet
they have extreme profits, growth and market share.

Whether you like, hate or detest HD or whether you think Nardelli is a over
paid boob is obviously your prerogative or choice but it doesn't impact his
actual job performance facts...... Rod

Is Home Depot shafting shoppers? "Home Depot is a consistent abuser of its customers' time." Stephen Blackpool Home Repair 65 March 17th 07 01:53 PM
Home Depot Ha-Ha Al Bundy Home Repair 4 October 6th 06 06:17 AM
FREE Home Depot Home Improvement How-To-Guide [email protected] Home Repair 3 June 3rd 06 12:06 AM
Home Depot at home services, any good reports? [email protected] Home Repair 8 January 20th 05 08:27 PM
Chrysler Radio 1996 Dodge Stratus (Chrysler Sirrus?) Pinout question with GMC S15 Truck None Electronics Repair 4 July 4th 04 12:29 AM