Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Just discovered a cellar!!!

On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 02:36:35 -0700 someone who may be
wrote this:-

I've just discovered a cellar. It's about 2.5m x 3.0m with a vaulted
ceiling and a stone staircase leading up into the house. The ceiling
height at present is over 2.0m, but I suspect if I dig down I will
find a flagstone floor. It's still limewashed, and there are a few
iron hooks on the ceiling.

As well as the storage already mentioned, they can make good places
for odd bits of machinery like washing machines. This is likely to
require a pump to raise the output to sewer level, but that is no
great problem despite what the trolls say.

Ventilation is the key to preventing deterioration. An ideal
solution would involve total house ventilation.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh