Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Congress allows limitless NSA spying on us all ..

wrote in
ups.com:

If you're not a terrorist then you have nothing to fear. If a spook
at Langley wants to listen to me and my wife's phone let them. "What
kind of bread- white?" "No wheat""They only have multi grain" I doubt
the government has the resources to monitor every one.

On Aug 7, 10:52 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
wrote:
The Bush/Cheney Administration has spent the last 6+ years building an
organizational, legal, and technical infrastructure for Executive
Branch power, including anything from wiretap infrastructures to the
Patriot Act to stuffing the courts and Justice Department with pro-
executive-power people,
and getting states, banks, credit companies, airlines, etc. to do
massive data collection. And it's not like it started with them - the
FBI wiretap enthusiasts like Louis Freeh, the NSA anti-public-crypto
people, the Echelon project, etc. all date to the Clinton or GHWBush/
Reagan administrations or earlier.

Excellent! Glad we've got someone who's idea of national security is not
endlessly repeating the mantra: "Can't we all just get along?"

The NSA is intercepting communications that are between suspected
terrorists(gleaned from intelligence gathered outside the US that may not
be acceptable/useable evidence in a US court of law) and another agent
inside the US(not necessarily a US citizen,either).They are not just
listening in on anyone.
Since terrorists have gotten tech-savvy and use their cellphones only a few
times and then dispose of them for new ones,intercepts are time-
sensitive.By the time the forms are filled out and a judge reads and
affirms them,the opportunity and possible intelligence has been lost.

The Constitution gives the responsibility for protecting the US from
foreign attack to the President,not any judge or Congress.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik