Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Tony is offline

Default why doesn't central air conditioning use the condensate to cool the condensor?

"Alphonse Q Muthafuyer" wrote in message
Yeah, the eqpt. is not designed for that.

Alternative uses?

Given I can't got no corn mash in the damned thang ... :-)

Folks pay good $ for bottled distilled water.

Iffen I connect a nice, clean drain pipe to the A-coil
and route it to a jug, would the result be materially
less pure than the bottled distilled water on the
store shelf?

ONLY if YOU ARE COOKING CORN UNDER the EVAPORATOR

AQ

On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 07:36:20 -0700, "Bill" wrote:

Actually I had a condenser years ago which sprayed water on the coils.

Nothing but trouble and rust! (Water lines get things growing in them and
clog, needs frequent maintenance, etc.) It would stop working about 3
times
a year due to these problems. Had to clean it out.

Also I have a window air conditioner which sprays the water formed onto
the
coils (fan blade does this). Well some parts were starting to rust, so I
drilled a hole in the bottom to drain the water stop the spraying. Also
was
a breeding ground for bacteria and insects.

This idea would be OK if everything (including all screws) were made of
stainless steel. But that is not the case.

"z" wrote in message
I think my central A/C spends 99% of its energy dehumidifying the
house. The water just goes to water the shrub planted next to the
compressor outside. Why couldn't it at least be sprayed on the
condensor coils?

"The monkey and the baboon was playing 7-up.
The monkey won the money but he scared to pick it up.
The monkey stumbled, mama.
The baboon fell.
The monkey grab the money and he run like hell!"
- from "Dirty Motherfuyer", Roosevelt Sykes, around 1935