Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default CD4060 oscillator, max resistor value (From SED) - Oscillator-ModifiedOldStyleCMOS.pdf

Chris Jones wrote:

Joerg wrote:

Chris Jones wrote:

[snip]

Got to think hard about that porting because I
absolutely will not employ any LDOs in there. No way. Guess I'll be
rolling my own. Again.

There are definitely some quite usable, tame LDOs in existence, and I
have
used them. Whether there are two or more providers of them, at a low
enough price, is a more difficult question.

Any particular ones come to mind? I've heard too many times that "with
our socks you can fly to the moon". Initially it worked, then bang, pop,
poof, kablouie. It was like popcorn. Often app engineering was at their
wits end when presented with the evidence.

I have never had a problem so far with the ADP3300 and ADP3330, (but watch
out for the different pinouts). I've been using 1uF chip ceramic caps on
input and output. They've been cycled over temperature, however I did not
try putting a step load current into them to check the phase margin, so I
can't say exactly how much phase margin was left. In all cases they just
worked and I didn't worry about it. If I had to make a million devices
using them then I guess I'd look a bit harder, but so far so good.

It was nice being able to use much more of the battery capacity before
dropout, and the error flag is also nice because then I know just when the
battery is too flat.

$0.70, ouch! That deluxe class of regulators is precluded from most of
my designs. It's usually for mass production.

But the AnyCap series from AD is indeed quite good. Just not in my
league from a cost POV :-(

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com