Ecnerwal

Default New Shop Building

In article ,
"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote:

Instead of cutting the floor, the guy
that finished it used a bull float and scored lines approximately 12' apart,
then finished over the score lines. That provides a weaker zone for the
crete to crack where you want it to. It works, and you don't get a big
line that fills up with crud like you get from saw cutting.

After vacuuming up the dust from my sawcuts, and squeezing in 2-1/2
tubes of caulk, I don't have any big lines that fill up with crud,
either. These cuts are only 1/8 inch wide, so it's not like you're going
to drop a wheel in them..

I highly recommend rebar, although it does take a lot of time
and money to install it. If you do it yourself, it's not all that bad.

I certainly thought it was pretty reasonable in the overall cost scheme
of the project, but I did install my own. You simply cannot go back
later and put the stuff in.

I also put extra steel (both bar and mesh) in the at doorways.