Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default One last question (today that is...) on buying rough hardwood

On Sun, 5 Aug 2007 22:11:22 +0000 (UTC), Frank Stutzman
wrote:

B A R R Y wrote:
On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 11:47:42 -0500, dpb wrote:

If only I could fit lumber into a Beech Sundowner... I'd have to
bail you out.

Who sez you can't?

I'm not intimate with the cabin of a Sundowner, but I don't think its
that much smaller than my early Bonanza. I once carried about 50 board feet
of sitka spruce (aircraft grade sitka, BTW) in it. I took out the backs of
the co-pilot and back seats in order to do it. Fortunately, none of the
pieces were longer than about 6 feet.

Worked fine, but I did have to sort of squirm around the lumber to get
in and out of the plane. Would have been real bad if I had to get out
in a hurry.

If I do it that way, I can. We've actually carried bicycles by
leaving the rear seats behind.

I was thinking of pulling the rear bulkhead and bringing 12 footers
stuffed into the tail cone. Sundowners are always nose heavy!G

But hey... We're looking at a 6 pax Turbo Saratoga with club seating
and a huge rear door... That sucker will carry plenty of lumber, at
25,000 feet!

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **