Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default One last question (today that is...) on buying rough hardwood

B A R R Y wrote:
On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 11:47:42 -0500, dpb wrote:

Had several favorites, particularly in VA, less convenient in TN but
still around. SW KS? Not so much...

If only I could fit lumber into a Beech Sundowner... I'd have to
bail you out.

How do you LIVE? G

Trees (if there were any) would just get in the way of the combine...

Born and raised a "flatlander", spent about 30 yrs "back east/down
south" (which depended on who you were talking to -- in VA were actually
geographically north of here but deep in the south culturally. TN was E
TN but in an area dominated locally by imports, not locals, so except
when was traveling doing service work in the coal fields of TN/KY/VA/WVA
wasn't really _that_ different) so it's natural to see storms building
from 150 miles away on the horizon.