Posted to rec.woodworking
Maxwell Lol Maxwell Lol is offline

Default Does anyone use Earthlink?

"John Grossbohlin" writes:

Earthlink's new enhanced Usenet service is the problem... if you Reset the
news groups and then "catch up" it should straighten things out for you...

Typically each USENET server numbers each and every incoming article,
starting with #1. On my RR server, the latest article in this forum is
numbered 721129.

When you switch servers, the numbers are all different. A new server
will likely have smaller numbers, which means "you have already seen
them." Therefore John's suggest to "reset" and "catch up" is a good
one, and something any of us may have to do when we switch to a new
server.