Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default Weird CD4060 behavior

Fred_Bartoli wrote:

[...]

How much is the scope probe capacitance consuming ?:-)

Hey, this is a brand new 200MHz scope that came with four spanking new
high speed probes :-D

Joerg,
you probably already checked it but just in case...
I've bought some of the cheap chinease 1/1:10 scope probe for slow 1:1
probing. That's perfectly OK for that. Now, to once do a quick circuit
check I flipped it to the 1:10 mode and scratched my head for the bad
results of my circuit for maybe an hour...
... until I noticed that the 1:10 attenuation was of by more than 20%.
Not AC response, but DC. What a crap!

Now I believe it's fortunate they got the 1:1 ratio right :-)

When the scope came that's one of the first things I checked. Took the
fast pulse generator. To my amazement they had even adjusted the
compensation very close to perfect.

But for most of my jobs I need direct 50ohm coax or a FET probe.

Now I don't need to fumble with the digital camera anymore and no
wielding of GPIB garden hoses. Hook up scope, hit save, select LAN
drive, click ok. Go to newsgroup PC in office next door (the really
old Gerber viewing PC here), post to Usenet.

With a PC running windo$e you wouldn't even have to cross the door :-)

Yeah, I could subscribe to usenet from the PC in the lab. Even have the
threaded header files on the LAN drive so the read/unread status jibes
no matter which one I use. But as it is engineers sit too much. It takes
only a matter of seconds to dart over to the office but you must get out
of the chair which is a good thing. This is also why there is one of
those knee chairs in the lab without a back rest. Forces me to sit
straight, you can't slouch on those.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com