Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default Weird CD4060 behavior

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 17:32:53 -0700, Joerg
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 17:12:14 -0700, Joerg
wrote:

Chris Jones wrote:

Joerg wrote:

[snip]

Nope, yellow is pin 9.

Are you *sure* sure ?

Not so sure anymore. Used the wrong datasheet. You are right, it is pin
10. Still puzzled why the transition is so sluggish. At 8-10V I would
have expected a lot more oomph even from a single stage inverter.

(or are you sure the pin numbers on the schematic are right?) It doesn't
make sense if Out2 jumps up in the middle of the scope display and the
other end of the cap jumps down. Since that doesn't make sense, I think
something is wrong here.

I guess so. How embarrassing. But why is it so sluggish? Even the old
HCU04 has more zing.

Now that you have the pins identified, do you have the components
connected correctly ?:-)

Yep :-)))

redness in the face slowly vanishes ...

Take a look at the pic in the other post. Is 400uA cross current peak
normal for CD4000 chips running around 10V? I've used unbuffered chips
in analog fashion before but they never began to cross conduct with the
input more than 2V away from center.

How much is the scope probe capacitance consuming ?:-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |