Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
feebo feebo is offline

Default Cellphone cameras are proving to be unexpectedly useful

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:31:37 -0700, Spurious Response
wrote:

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 13:17:31 +0100, feebo wrote:

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:59:46 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

feebo wrote:

I wonder if this is some satellite thingy

Hello ?

so what is your take then?

Since when were satellites readily visible on a cellphone camera ?

See the video here....
mms://a229.v26674c.c26674.g.vm.akamaistream.net/5/229/26674/46a70995/1a1a1a9b086f9d0162cb37b01d7ee75381e45381f66190066f d338a7d60838689fce38ad1992c2f9/ufo250707.wmv

Graham

I have seen satellites that were very much brighter than any star,

You are full of ****. Even the great Pyramid is not easily visible from
space, and when it is found and gazed upon, the feature size is quite
small, so a satellite is NOT going to make a reflection, nor generated
light spot that would compete with any star, much less the brightest
stars. D'OH!

and tho' I had no direct comparison,

You also had nothing to back your claim that that was what you were
looking at.

I would estimate they would rate
with Venus or Jupiter - one memorable instance moved across the sky
very rapidly, gave a very intense flash (~2 secs) as the sun reflected
directly of it at just the right angle and (typically) winked out of
view (no it wasn't a meteor - I *can* tell the difference).

If it was an orbiting object, the flash or reflection you observed
would not be "brighter than any star".

Anyway, it depends on the camera and the brightness of the object(s)

No ****?

I will experiment with my w800 in low light mode with stars/planets -
if we actually get a cloud-free fscking night (

Be sure to have enough brains to put it on a tripod.

That vid definately

"Definately" is definitely not even a word.

puts the initial reports in a different light...

Your claims are dubious, at best.

these must be new definitions of hurtling/shooting/fizzing across the
sky that I had previously been unaware of )

Do you remember ever having been administered shock therapy treatments?

heh - see you have dropped your habit of multiple replies... I ain't
fooled.

too many thing Toi, my brow is furrowed like a ploughed field... just
two points:

1. W800 is a mobile phone and thus provides ***absolutely*** a direct
comparison with the vid (I'll give you a moment while you fire up
google)

2. There is no point getting into a yes I do/no you don't situation as
you have amply demonstrated that bull**** can be supplimented with
search engines and then you can "appear" to be an expert. So I don't
bother purely coz it has nor meaning and makes no point.

I really thought over the last month or two that you had learned from
your whipping at the hands of soooooo many... the essay was right
after all. Shame.