Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default 0th cut, c/esr meter - Meter_0.jpg

Clifford Heath wrote:

Joerg wrote:

Or get a 16-bitter like the MSP430 with a HW multiplier. That ought to
do it.

The MSP430 has slow pin-toggle instructions, which bit me when trying
to do high-speed One-wire(tm) interface. Four cycles of a clock for
each half-cycle on the output :-(. Had to raise the internal clock
speed (a lot).

True, plus the code overhead gets to become a burden if you switch
faster than a few hundred kHz anyway. But in John's case that ought to do.

This pin toggle sluggishness and the scarcity of timers and CC registers
is what (so far) kept me from employing uCs in switch mode supplies. And
when I realized I had to do those discrete I figured I might as well do
the rest in discretes.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com