Ecnerwal

Default New Shop Building

"PJ" wrote:

Put lots of rebar in the floor. I used the fiber, and don't think it did
anything except lighten my wallet. It certainly didn't stop cracking...Paul

Neither will rebar, if you don't also cut some control joints (unless
very small, any slab will crack - you simply want to tell it where it's
OK with you that it should crack). I have both rebar and fiber in my
slab, and there are cracks running out from the ends of the control
joints (where the saw couldn't cut right up to the wall). No cracks on
the face of the slab (so far anyway), so I assume that the contol joints
have done what they are supposed to do.