Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Noway2[_2_] Noway2[_2_] is offline

Default Bwahahahahahaha! Virginia isn't for "lovers" anymore

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 09:15:41 -0500, Noway2
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 11:02:49 GMT, Fred Bloggs
wrote:

Noway2 wrote:
[snip]
A coworker of mine ....
Just obey the law and you will have no problems.
Just do as you're told and show me your papers ;-)

...Jim Thompson

And Welcome to the Police States of America.

I have often times 'joked' that I suspect people had more freedom in
Soviet Union than they do in the USA today.

I think it's only those states dominated by Democrats... thus
controlled by those that think the government knows more about how to
run your life that you do.

...Jim Thompson

It isn't just the Democrats, Republicans are just as bad. Quite
frankly, the whole damned system has gone to hell and needs to be
replaced. Too many corrupt politicians are in bed with too many corrupt
businesses that are willing to sell out everyones future for their
immediate gratification.

I think it is time for a change. The concept of having to elect a
representative to go travel to a meeting location to represent 'your'
interests has out lived its usefulness. Technological advances are
allowing for new possibilities as instant communication, even globally,
is now a reality.

A large part of the problem is getting the masses, who are largely
highly uneducated to be both able and willing to take on a responsible
role. Granted this is a lot of the problem today and it looks like it
is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

For those who would say that it will never change: I am sure that a lot
of the idiots in power in various times and places throughout history
thought the same thing, at least until their head was chopped off.