Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Bob Quintal Bob Quintal is offline

Default Heartburn of the Day

Richard The Dreaded Libertarian wrote in
news
On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 21:36:05 +0000, Bob Quintal wrote:
Richard The Dreaded Libertarian wrote in

What is this "access to the green" stuff you keep chanting? I

I stated that taxation is not theft. It's like a membership fee
to a golf club. If you want to putt on the green you gotta pay
the fee. If you don't want to putt on the greens, or drink in
the clubhousew, get off the golf course...

don't want anybody else's money any more than I want to hand
over my money to them, unless there's some exchange of value
where we both come out ahead.

But when it comes to taxes, I'm denied the right to make that
decision.

BullS#!T.

You have a vote.You have the right to get involved in politics.
Get off your lazy butt and work at steering political decisions.

And you have also completely skirted the original point, that
taxation is theft; a sure symptom of apologism.

Your original point is wrong, for the same reason that you
asking a customer to pay you for goods or services you provide
is not theft.

The fact that you are a spoiled little brat and cannot stop
whining long enough to understand that is nobody's fault except
yours.
..
You enjoy the protection of the police and fire departments,
benefits of a transportation infrastructure, etc. etc. You
cannot just say I don't need no stinkin roads.

You say you can opt out of the club if you don't want a piece
of the green - I say, "try it, to find out if they won't use
force against you" and your response is "you don't want to
pay"...

Of COURSE I don't want to pay other people's bills! They
should be responsible for their own damn bills!

Taxes are not to pay other people's bills. they're to pay for
things that everyboddy uses, like roads, and schools, and
hospitals.and fire departments. You may argue that the health of
the street sweeper is of no concern to you, but if she spreads
tuberculosis to your neighborhood, it damn well is.

Anything else is either communist or fascist, but definitely
statist.

The fact that you fail to see anything except your own greedy
little self says which of those two titles applies to you.

And are you afraid to try because you're addicted to _your_
"piece of the green"?

Try what? I try to be truthful, forthright, and caring. That's
all that matters.

--
Bob Quintal

PA is y I've altered my email address.