Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Richard The Dreaded Libertarian Richard The Dreaded Libertarian is offline

Default Heartburn of the Day

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 00:56:29 +0000, Bob Quintal wrote:
Richard The Dreaded Libertarian wrote in

Yes - it's paid for by taxes, which are extracted from your
paycheck, by force if they need to, whether you want to pay
them or not.

Which is pretty much the definition of theft.

And the Army, or Police? It's not theft, you need to think of
taxes like the annual membership dues for a golf club.

I have no need of any army or police, but I'm _required_ to join
this club even though it's nothing but a ripoff operation.

"Oh, just wait'll you're mugged, you'll want the police!" I hear
you cry.

No, I don't go places where I'm likely to get mugged, and if I
did, I'd learn to take care of myself.

"But we need the army for when somebody attacks us!"

No, actually, that's what The Right To Keep And Bear Arms is about.

Imagine any foreign occupation force trying to take over an America
where everyone has enough self-respect to arm themselves and enough
wherewithal to protect their family.

They wouldn't get past Manhattan.

And an administration that's bent on insane crusades is the worst
excuse for taxation of them all.

Thanks,
Rich